Sunday 1 July 2007

Sunday

The wedding we went too on Friday was great and the weather turned out to be nice as well.

After the wedding ceremony we all headed back to Justin and Claire's house where the garden party was being held, their garden is massive and housed a rather large marquee with a side marquee attachment for the bar area and hot food mainly a Hog Roast which was very tasty.

With endless supplies of booze and good music from the DJ we danced until the early hours well until about 3am when we got a taxi home.

Here's the scary part!

We got a taxi from Loughborough to Leicester which is around 15 miles, OK so the journey home started we had a quick chat with the taxi driver then he put his stereo on quite loud (I think cool, he's put on some decent music and I can actually hear it).

So he's driving us home, down dark country lanes I notice that he taking corners a little too quickly and swaying into the other lane, I think nothing of it shortly after I can hear the judder judder, the car is on the middle section of the road I think this isn't good and start to observe the driver through his rear mirror and also watching the road.

Further on i notice even on a straight road he's not keeping to one lane, in fact he's now driving down the middle of the road I look up at his rear mirror and to my alarm it looks like the guy has got his eyes closed and is drifting off.

So I asked him straight away "Excuse me your not falling asleep here are you?", he quickly respond in a panic voice "No!". A few minutes later we got the driver to stop and decided it would be more safe for us to walk home.

After getting out the taxi I phoned the taxi firm to complain and advised them to get him off the road, lets just hope they did. We dread to think what might have happened if we were both completely drunk and not paying attention!

As for the hangover I was quite OK on Saturday morning :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Scary story...at least he was doing something "normal" (by crazy cab driver standards) like falling asleep...I've been in cabs with eratic drivers in Miami (a haitian...who spent the entire time muttering in a trance like drone stopping only to spit repeatedly out of the window at certain intervals) and New York (take your pick of crazed-what could only be drug induced or extreme psychosis or worse-behaviour)...lucky you were able (and sober enough after a wedding!!!) to bail out!