Monday 23 July 2007

From Wii-arm to backache Lumbago

I've never felt so much pain, a few hours after my post yesterday my lower back started to ache, this throughout the day got worse and resulted in me not being able to work properly (I'm actually pottering around the house walking at the pace of snail with an invisble walking stick).

This morning I woke up hoping that the pain has gone to only find it is still there I'm now finding it hard to walk up and down the stairs, and walk with my back straight.

So I booked myself an appointment at the Doctors and have been diagnosed with Lumbago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbago

I'm not sure what has caused it I seriously doubt that the nintendo Wii has brought so much pain to me when i first got it last year I spent an entire week playing wii sports, getting wii-arm but nothing like this.

The only thing which comes to mind is that last week I cycled from work to home pretty quick on high gear and and was putting a lot of pressure into it, but then I've also done this type of cycling before aswell....

It's time's like this as a contractor I wish i had taken out insurance, medical cover etc being a contractor I get no sick pay or anything so time off work is not an option.

Luckily for me I have my work laptop here so I can do the majority of my work, it has all made me think though I definitly need to look at some form of insurance because you can never tell what life might throw at you.

Today I have a conference call to attend once that is done, I think a few simpson episodes are needed, along with a bit of harry potter reading I'm on Chapter 9 at the moment and it just keeps getting more exciting! Vicki has almost finished the book...

I have also been invited to a Command & Conquer Tiberian Wars battle tonight, one which I simply can't refuse and it will give me a chance to try out the new scrin Mothership tactics...

For those of you who looked puzzled checkout this.

2 comments:

Blue-Skimonkey said...

Yep I'm a great big nerd.

As for the back it's getting better I don't understand how lying flat on your back for a few days can help so Ive been pottering about :)

Anonymous said...

Wii-disappeared!
Hope you ok!