Thursday 28 June 2007

Thursday

Well what an interesting day it has been, yesterday I found an old school friend on facebook and decided to send a friend request, and this evening I get a friends request from the same person via myspace ...

How spooky I thought... But good!

I've just received an email from my old school friend, it's great what you can do online these days and be able to catch up with people and find out what your other class mates have been upto, but I was shocked to hear that one has been sent down for murder.

Today I've spent most of my working day fixing laptop's with broken hard drives that won't startup, I ask myself why on earth don't these people think about backing up their data for anyone reading this and not backing it up now is the time to do it.

A few days ago in Coventry a user comes the office heres a brief description of the chat:


User: Windows will not start

"I switch on the laptop and straight away you can hear Clank! Clank! Clank! (The hard drive is physically broken)"

Me: Have you ever noticied the noise before?

User: Yes but I didnt think it was much of a problem.

Me: The noise means the hard drive is broken, did you make a backup of your laptop?

User: No

Me: When is the last time you backed up your laptop?

User: About 6 months ago.

There you have it, if you have a laptop theres an important lesson in life, always backup your important data.

4 comments:

ArcticFox said...

hey mister..... a friend of mine couldn't leave you a comment cos she doesn't have a blogger account.

turn on the anonymous comments or whatever it is.

FoX

Blue-Skimonkey said...

All turned on Thanks Fox :)

ArcticFox said...

PS I have never backed up my laptop OR my PC!!

Anonymous said...

Helloooo! No i didnt have a smoke :)
Thanks for allowing me to come say Hi!
Pol