Thursday 15 May 2008

Work, Cook, Gym......

Work is super busy these days especially today as our business unit has integrated into a new help desk initially all went smoothly but later on in the morning we noticed our HP engineers were not receiving any cases and also our level 1 team were sitting on cases for longer than an hour, so my day turned into a busy one with back to back meetings trying to get the issues resolved.

I've been contracting at my current business for quite a few years now and from April my job got outsourced to HP, I used to be responsible for supporting a site with 700 PCs on a split network 50/50 Email PCs / Production PCs since the take over I now spend my time looking after the production PCs however its not always that busy. I'm now destined to be an IT Project boy which I think could be a good thing at the moment it seems less technical than I am used to after all I have been working in IT Support for over 10 years but I myself can see that IT Support is a dying bread businesses everywhere are outsourcing support.

My job spec has no details apart from Project Gap person my role is to handle and transition anything that does not quite fit into the outsourced support models, for example I will soon be responsible for migrating physical servers to virtual servers and setting up a Linux server which I am looking forward to.

Well I think that's enough about work, as mentioned earlier Vicki is studying for her PGCE and I am now becoming a super cook gone are the days when I lived in Leeds and lived off frozen food I can now cook an amazing assortment of different meals, I would say my favourite and best is Thai Green Curry with butternut squash which we actually had this evening. Yum...

I'm currently training for a triathlon which I am taking part in on the 1st June a friend of mine suggested that I should sign up and I thought why not as I currently cycle 40 miles a week to and from work and running / swimming surely must be easy to do...

Ive been training for a couple of weeks now and I am improving in both running and swimming but I still have a long way to go until I can do the 400m swim and 4 mile run, so I have been going to the gym every day so far this week and will need to continue for the next few weeks, its not as easy as I initally thought

Its a hard life but I feel better for it........ The training part and cooking....

2 comments:

ArcticFox said...

gone are the days when I lived in Leeds and lived off frozen food - and came to work late every day!!!

you muppet!!

FoX

Blue-Skimonkey said...

Hmmm how could I forget that and how silly I was. I lived 20 minutes from site and got a taxi to work every day, and I still managed to be late for work.

The only part that story which has changed in the cooking today I still arrive late for work but its an agreed late time of 9:30 as I drop Chloe off to school and cycle to work..

Aaron